Thursday, March 26, 2015

Another Birthday

259.  That's my age in dog years or........





Last year on my birthday I wrote a post:    Are You Too Old For Vintage? Iwrote it because I had read several articles claiming that vintage style is best left too the very young.  Obviously I don't agree. I didn't have the confidence to wear full on vintage when I was in my 20s Because I cared too much what people thought.   Now:





In fact the older I get in some ways, at least in my mind if not my face and body, the younger I feel. I still like the same stuff  I did as a kid and a teenager.   I guess if I haven't matured yet I'm not going too and that's ok!

Case in point: when I was  a little girl I loved making and wearing flower crowns. Sadly I have no pictures of my childhood creations. This year I got a flower crown made if vintage millinery flowers from Etsy shop Chatter Blossom and discovered that more then 20 years later I still love wearing flower crowns.







I guess somethings never change.  Regardless Of how you feel about clothes I think there is basically only one style, and beauty,  rule worth following: Dogs don't care how old you are or what your wearing and neither do the people who are worth your time. 








20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! we love your style! And what a nice picture remembering Norbert
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! I'm with you about clothing, if you like it, wear it! Why not? :-) It's great to have your own style and to enjoy yourself. Your flower crown is beautiful!
    It's lovely to see Norbert in the photo. Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bull on those rules, where whatever the hell you want--- fooorever. :D Happy Birthday, you outfits are always adorable. And totally agree, the older you get, the more self-assured to experiment with fashion, in my book. I think they mean some things are better left to the super slim, not super young, because some vintage fashion is teenie tiny or hard to wear (like low rise 70s bell bottoms or something, low rise is best on the almost-mythical size zero :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! 37 is a dim memory for me, LOL! You are still just a youngster to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To some of us you are still VERY young! And it's just a number, wear whatever you want. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and 37 is no age. We think you are unique and have such style and always look fabulous. Don't change. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great rule to dress (and live) by! Happy birthday! I just had a birthday too... but I'm WAY older than you! That's just silly that only 'young' people should wear vintage. Ah, youth. They're so silly sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Love that you have your own personal style - probably more than anyone else I know.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I love the photo of you in your flower crown and of you and John and Norbert. Your sense of style is exquisite. Style knows no age limits. Look at Angela Landsbury :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday! i'm finding myself feeling the same way as i get older. I used to be so worried about people thinking I look weird, or I'm too old for something i like. you look great with your vintage styles! i can't wait to see what you get up to this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday sweetie! I feel the same way. The older I get in many way the more I don't care and the more carefree I become LOL Yay. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyful birthday wishes, dear Kate. I may very well have said something along these lines last year, but goodness gracious me, you don't look anywhere even remotely near your age. I'd have no problem believing you if you said you were 25! Clearly one of the secrets to looking fantastic as you age is living with a houseful of pets! :)

    Tons of hugs & joyful wishes to you for each and every day of the coming year!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!
    You look so great in hats, you can wear any kind of headgear at any age, lucky you!
    Cheers, Gail (who has never yet found a hat that suits her!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday!
    I have thought the same thing--whether or not there is an age when you can't wear vintage. But then I think "every girl needs a crown!" WERQ IT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That must mean I've been reading your blog for a year! I think I first found you via a link to that post!

    Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! Sorry we are a few days late! You always have great fashion sense - I like the flowers in your hair.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday Katherine! And I couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...