Sunday, April 9, 2017

Golden Girl-A Vintage Outfit Post and a Review of Piplotex's 1950s Cigarette Pants

Obviously I dress up all the time, but I always try to wear something a bit extra special on my birthday.  This year for my 39th it was Piplotex's cigarette pants in gold lame.  


I figured I should celebrate the beginning of my last year in my 30s with something a bit wild and outside my comfort zone, and gold lame pants are definitely perfect for that!

These pant's are just amazing, I adore them.  They are cut just like the 1950's originals with a high waist and slim cropped legs.  They look like they came straight out of a late 1950s Frederick's of Hollywood catalog



except they are much better.  Piplotex sells the in a range of sizes but they will also custom make them to your figure.  Since I'm short that is the option I went for.

 I wore my new pants with my Freddie's of Pinewood Beatnick top, which I've personalized with a genuine 1950s letter K sweater applique, 1950s style gold hoops from Mrs. Polly's lucite, remix flats, and my beloved 1950's novelty cat purse.






I don't usually wear anything as fitted as these pants so I was a bit nervous ordering them,  however Piplotex has absolutely amazing customer service ad worked with me.  The pants arrived amazingly fast and while they are fitted I was pleased that they are not skin tight  and they are super comfortable.  

The gold lame version of these pants has now sold out and I'm so glad I nabbed them when I did, but they are still available in a wide range of fabrics and beautiful colors and for a great price just $64.00, which is amazing for a hand made garment.


I'm hoping my style will get ever more eccentric and wild with every passing year and these pants are certainly a step in the right direction.

24 comments:

  1. looking forward to your 40s hoping you get more wild and eccentric. Love all your outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pants!!! We think as you get older, you no longer worry about looking like everyone else and what's considered 'in fashion'. So let yourself go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well as much as i love clothes i hate "in fashion" so im on my way

      Delete
  3. Those pants are really something, and indeed $ 64 for a handmade garment isn't expensive at all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this-they look great on you! I saw this earlier today on Instagram and came over. I don't know if you knew what I've started over on the blog. It's a Linkup that is dedicated to 2nd loved styles. I know the pants are new but the pin and bag are perfects (you only need one 2nd hand or vintage thing to linkup). I don't know if you have ever done anything like that, but thought i would put it out there if you would be interested. I'm still Meadowtree but now am Meadowtreestyle.com. The post that has the linkup on it is https://meadowtreestyle.com/2017/04/06/red-white-and-denim-2nd-loved-1st-friday-1/
    I'm just letting you know because I have always loved you vintage vibe but no problem if you don't care for that kind of thing. Take care, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always LOVED gold and black together! Love that you decided to try something out of your comfort zone. Oh, and love the cat purse, too. I have one kind of similar though it is not vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Those look fantastic on you - you've got the shape to wear them with flair. I'd look like one of those metallic helium balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful you've decided to go outside your comfort zone. Those are beautiful pants and you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! And, wow, that IS a deal for custom made! Nice butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look perfect on you, and you are right, that is a great price for handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look fantastic and a great way to start the last year of your 30's. Happy birthday! I might need to look into a pair myself (in whatever fabric they have left). Thanks for sharing your purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow--those look great! I am a big fan of gold lame and you wear it well. Way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful you've decided to go outside your comfort zone. Those are beautiful pants and you look fantastic!


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chic of these pants is great, very stylish. timegroup

    ReplyDelete
  14. written content. I added new knowledge to my database for essay writing skill. Buy Marlboro Gold cigarettes online

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous!

    I love gold lame and all things shiney.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am appreciative to this blog giving one of a kind and accommodating learning about this theme, I read your blog now share extraordinary data here. This blog increse my insight source . Buy Marlboro Gold cigarettes online

    ReplyDelete
  18. Playing lottery at the agen toto macau Teslatoto is the right choice because this site will pay whatever the member wins

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...