Thursday, June 27, 2013

Vintage Style Icon-Jessica Chasain in The Tree of Life

Ok, so I am a bit behind the times I only saw the Tree of Life a few weeks ago.  Its a fairly controversial film that received both cheers and boos at the Cannes Film Festival.  It utterly lacks a linear plot, which annoys some viewers. Still, I really loved the film.  It was completely unique and truly beautiful (if a movie can be too beautiful this was it).  I particularly loved the gorgeous everyday 1950s dresses worn by  Jessica Chastain in her role as the free spirited mother.  I think they make a wonderful wardrobe inspiration.





3 comments:

  1. We haven't seen it but glad you liked it. We are sure the clothes are quite fabulous. Have a good day.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like my kind of movie. I'll try to remember to mention it to you after I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're ahead of me, dear gal, though it's on my "want to watch" list, I haven't had a chance to see this engaging looking film yet. I agree, her dresses are really timelessly lovely - very "girl (or lady) next door", which I just adore, as that tends to be the kind of style I gravitate towards often myself.

    Hope you and your darling pups have an awesome weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...