Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Lots of people say that social media such as face book and blogger prevents real human interaction, and while in some ways I understand their point (I'm not a fan of people burying their faces in their phones in social settings), I am also so thankful that social media lets us "meet" people, even if it is only over a computer, that we share common interests with.   The perfect example, the extremely kind dog mom at A Wondeful Dog's Life who shares such wonderful stories about her dogs Bella and Sweet Pea and her dear departed Emma.
Over the weekend Bella and Sweet Pea's mom, who knows how much I like old movies and vintage dresses, came upon the movie Bride of Frankenstein on the TV and seeing the beautiful dress at the start of the movie took the time to share some pictures of the dress and video clip.  I think its so sweet that she thought of me and sent me these pictures.   

Today I wanted to share the pictures she sent to me (the video clip is different then the one she sent as I could not connect properly to that one, I think you will agree with her that the dress is lovely, and there are some dogs walking by in the video clip too!)






Here is a clip from you tube of the prologue to the movie:


5 comments:

  1. You sure said it well! I've met lots of really nice and interesting people, yourself included by doing this blog and learned lots of things along the way too! I love that dress too! Weren't the dresses from I Love Lucy great too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that part with the dogs. Glad I got to see the pretty dress. Thanks for your kind words.

    I've been enjoying your vintage blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the thing with social media some of it is great but some people live their lives in it. Great movie clip. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people get carried away, but I think the web is a great place to socialize, just that one needs to be careful. Have a wonderful weekend!

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is extraordinarily thoughtful of her and what a wonderful thing to share! That dress is fantastic!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...