Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Snuggies!!!!

I'm a big fan of the modern kitsch classic-the snuggie





While a blanket with sleeves is hardly vintage, there is something very 1990s retro about the commercial (and yes the 90s are retro now).  Plus the snuggy is really, really comfy.  Perfect for wrapping yourself in during Star Trek marathons.   When I heard there where snuggles for dogs I HAD to get them.



I started nabbing up snuggies for dogs last year and now I've completed my collection and all 5 dogs have their very own snuggie.


 I dearly love everything about the Snuggie including the package it comes in.  I saved one and added it to my kitsch display on the mantle in my living room.  The one and only "modern" item to make it there.

The kids seem to like the Snuggies fine:




Snuggies for dogs retail for between 5 and 15 dollars on Amazon and about the same on ebay.    The sizing is a bit confusing and there is really very info on the site.    Since its a blanket with sleeves that velcroes up  the back there is a lot of wiggle room with the sizing.   I got Mr. Tuvok an x-small, Fry and Ping smalls, Weasley a medium and Bob an x-large.  They all fit well.



Stay warm and toasty!

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes those snuggies would be just the perfect thing after a Scottish winter hill walk!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Snuggies are adorable. Mom has the snuggie boots.

      Delete
  2. I did not know there are snuggies for dogs.







































































































































































































    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! They sure look very comfy in their snuggies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you could get them for dogs.
    Aww, look at Ping in her pink one, she looks so adorable!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the pups look comfortable and warm. SHE's thinkin' it just might help Roxy's hair on everything problem...BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look very comfy in their snuggly
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've come close to buying them for our pack, but wasn't sure how they would fit. After seeing your kids...I will give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snuggles are so cute, on all of your kids. What a great idea, and they look comfies! All the colors are pretty
    !

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my gosh, I think I need to get one of these for Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look so cute in their snuggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was waiting to see your picture in the snuggie. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD! This is the perfect weather for a Snuggie Party!!! I have one, I'll just get it on right now.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! The Snuggie people should do an ad or commercial featuring these cutie pies sporting their products.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...