Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sci Fi Saturday Wesley Crusher Sweater

As anyone who reads this blog I love all things Star Trek.   While my favorite series is by far the 1960s original, I discovered Trek through the Next Generation in the 1980s and early 90s.   I'd watch it nightly, either new episodes, reruns, or my huge cache of meticulously labeled tapes.   At the time I, like many other Trekkies, never liked the Wesley Crusher character.    As an adult though I have an appreciation for the dweebie boy genius.  I also love his graphic 80s sweater.  






While browsing Etsy looking for a baby gift for a coworker.  I saw a Wesley Crusher style baby sweater.   As I often do when looking at baby clothes, I immediately thought why not make it for dogs.  I asked Deb of Pug  Posessed if she could make a similar sweater for Fry and Tuvok and she did!   Here are some puctures of them playing with their Spock Bumlie from Melissa while wearing their sweaters on Tuvok's first birthday in November.  



















13 comments:

  1. Wow, Fry and Tuvok are soooo cute in those sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sweaters! hope you guys are safe and warm
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great Wesley sweaters!! I've turned into a big Wil Wheaton fan..He and his wife are very big animal rescue advocates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sweaters are so pretty, and the dogs are beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love WW... and esp his appearances on Big Bang Theory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two look so cute in your matching sweaters! But not only are they fashionable, they probably are keeping you warm this winter.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously adorable!!!

    That's really fascinating. I loved STNG as a little and perhaps because I was still so young, I rather liked Welsey's character (though Riker and Troi were my favourite characters; I thought he was very handsome and that she was gorgeous - still do :)).

    Have a terrific weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Wesley's* - sorry, Stella was helping me type and caused me to hit enter before I'd proofread my comment. :)

      ♥ Jessica

      Delete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...