Thursday, August 4, 2016

Vintage Casual-Housecoats

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I love to dress up!




But sometimes I just want to lounge around at home and be comfortable and casual, without giving up my vintagey-ness.    Enter the house coat.







House coats are the ultimate in functional vintage loungewear.   Popular in the 50s and 60s the roomy garments slip over your pjs and can be warm for winter or cool for summer.  

When I saw this adorable summery house coat complete with kitschy poodle applique, in the Etsy shop Riley Bella Vintage , I new it be perfect for lounging about at home and playing with the dogs in the yard.  Times I want to be covered aporopriately, but not "dressed",and way cuter then sweatpants.  The price was also excellent


The seller listed the house coat as 70s, and I can certainly see it in the wacky avacado green, red and purple color scheme, but it seems kind of 60s to me too.  Particularly the poodle, which is in a fun terry or chennile fabric.   The fabric is also light and airy, (this is the perfect outfit for eating ice cream out of the carton in.) 





The lazy days of August past by too quickly, I plan to make the most of then (in my house coat).



































11 comments:

  1. That apron with the poodle is soooo cute!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable housecoat. I'm sure it's older than the 70s too. I'm loving your dog's outfit too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed regarding the likely era that it hails from. This is straight up 60s (or perhaps even as old as late 50s) to me. From the rounded collar to the vertical stripes, it sings with the spirit of the sixties and is such a fabulously darling find.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty house coat! I adore the poodle applique :-) Looks really comfy and light. Perfect outfit for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poodle applique! What was it about the 70s that made avocado green the "in color" for everything from clothes to kitchen appliances? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your clothes! I'm a T-shirt and cargo shorts kind of lounger myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! that applique just makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So perfect for lounging around and style fabulous. I often think how nice it would be to have some vintage lounging wearing. I may have to start a search of my own on vintage house coats. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was evidently waiting for you, I can't think of a better lady to sport it x

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...