Thursday, May 7, 2015

Flapper Friday Cherry Blossoms


May means the fleeting beauty of the cherry blossoms, one if my favorite flowers.   They explode all over NJ and NYC and fade all too soon. 


That's one reason I was so pleased to find this beautiful 1920s dress from Guermantes Vintage with a print that at least to me suggests my favorite spring bloom. 




The 1920s, along with the 30s, are my favorite era but this is my first authentic 1920s dress.   I paired it with my 20s cloche from Fab Gabs and a 1930s crochet purse, crochet 30s gloves, and celluloid depression era sunglasses.


The gloves and glasses are from Adeline's Attic.  I can't remember the purses origins


I quite like this deco look. It puts a bit if Spring in my step. 




8 comments:

  1. Cherry blossoms is one of my favorite flowers, too. Here, we had blooms in the end of March but they are gone quickly. You look very lovely in the spring color dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the NJ cherry blossoms!! Well, until they ended up all over the sidewalk :-).
    What a lovely dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry blossoms are a really big deal here in the DC area! That is amazing your dress is so old and still wearable! How very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful different look, We luvs it when someone is original.
    Luvs Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you guys make it to the cherry blossom festival at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden? They have so many cherry trees there! Great outfit - way to channel the cherry blossoms!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look flat out spectacular!!! Cloches are incredibly becoming on you, dear Kate.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cherry blossoms are now gone here :( I missed them again. It's funny how quickly they go..sigh.

    On another note though..LOVE that outfit! The 20's suit you so well and this outfit is the queen of them all.

    Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dress. I love to see the cherry blossom.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...