Monday, January 16, 2017

A 1930s Velvet Coat That is Black as Midnight on a Moonless Night

Just like Agent Cooper on Twin Peak's I only like my coffee black:






Nothing beats a delicious, dark, steaming cup of coffee on a cold winter morning.  It's a lovely treat.
 
I think black clothes can be lovely as well, but for obvious reasons, pet hair of course, I rarely wear black clothing.   I do have a few exceptions, and one particularly lovely one that is overdue a show on the blog.  My 1930s velvet coat.  It's one of my few really excellent thrift store finds and is so beautiful that when I found it two years ago I ignored the impractical color and fabric.



It really is beautiful and the black velvet is so beautifully dark and nicely set off by the white fur collar.




It flows prettily too and for such old fabric, I'd estimate it is about 80 years old, it is in great condition.





 
It's not very warm  though, so really only good for warmer winter days and fall, but then that is what makes this a luxury item, in my wardrobe, but a fun one.  As Agent Cooper says it is important to treat yourself, every day, once a day, give yourself a little present:


Whenever I put on this coat it is my little present for the day, and guess wear I wore it the day these pictures where taken?  That's right I wore it to get some coffee!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my what an ELEGANT gorgeous outfit...WOW!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly a great find and perfect to wear for a coffee date

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorite things - velvet and the color black. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally I don't like black bur un Velvet 8 do

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! SHE has a 'Johnny Cash' wardrobe, but it usually has white Roxy hairs...no matter what she tries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vey nice - our mom stays away from black for the same reason
    hugs
    MR Bailey, Hazel & mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that is a lovely coat. Definitely worth getting, even if it's not a colour you usually wear.

    Compared to my last, longhaired, cat, the urchins don't shed much. I rarely see cat hair. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are very mixed like that we have 4 two shed like crazy the others don't

      Delete
  7. That's a gorgeous coat! You look very elegant in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely coat. I don't own a black coat right now, but yours has made me thinking I should look out for one. I used to wear black all the time, and now I seem to avoid it most of the time. Oh, and I loved Agent Cooper and always have my coffee black too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered twin peaks on Netflix aboit 5 years but I've watched the series through 4 or 5 times ans I plan to again

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's one fantastic coat! (I love to wear black - or white. B&W are my faves which are a bummer - cuz of the dog hair with the black and the fact that I'm a slob and spill things on myself all the time with the white!)

    That's a great blast-from-the-past with Twin Peaks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful coat, you look lovely. Most of my black clothes have a sprinkling of bunny fur, but I'm so used to having fur on my clothes now, that I barely notice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coat and I love the Twin Peaks reference. I cannot wait for the reboot! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so excited too I hope its good though I've been disappointed with some of the other reboots

      Delete
  12. Wow! Such an amazing thrift store find! I love black velvet! <3 And yes for Twin Peaks! I was just watching it again the other day!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...