Monday, September 5, 2016

Vintage Outfit Post-Casual Tartan and Jeans from Freddie's of Pinewood and a Trip to Demarest Farms

It's that time of year, there's a crisp note in the air and the days are growing shorter.  If your like me your thinking of tartans and plaids and wools and all those other glorious fall fabrics. 


 In fact if your like me you may want to start sporting some of those fall fashion elements before it really is cold enough too, which is what makes transitional outfits so much fun.   By transitional outfits I mean anything that can carry you through the change of seasons.  I think this tartan trimmed top from Freddie's of Pinewood is the perfect summer to fall example.  It is made of a light weight fabric but the rust red color and tartan trim is a very autumnal color scheme.


Like all Freddie's items this top is excellent quality and since I nabbed it after Brexit when the exchange rate fell I got it for a very good price.  The tartan trim is from an authentic 1950s ribbon and so there was a very limited run of these tops.  Like all Freddie's tops it runs a bit small.  Im wearing a largeIt fits well but I'm very glad I didn't get a medium as that would have been much too snug.  

I accesorized the top with a Luxulite Pocket Puppy Brooch and a 1950s tartan barette.  Of course I worse some of my bakelite bangles too.
















Freddie's tops are faithful 1950s reproductions so they are not cut like modern shirts, which means by current standards they run a bit short.  They really work best with Freddie's jeans or other 1950s style pants or skirts.  I'm wearing my shirt with my Freddie's jeans, hands down the best dungarees in the world.


I wore this outfit on a day we visited one of my favorite local places, Demarest Farms.  Since this was a middle of the week, early morning, trip we knew it wouldn't be too crowded and we brought all the dogs.  





The delicious apple cider donuts helped keep them in line.








 They are definitely eager to go back for more soon.  How do you like to celebrate the change of seasons?


Outfit Details
Tartan Top: Freddie's of Pinewood
Jeans: Freddies of Pinewood
Brooch-Luxulite
1950s Barrette: Rosebud Cottage
1950s Sunglasses-Thrifted
Bakelite Bangles-Thrifted
1950s Horse Novelty Purse-Annacat Etsy
Shoes-Remix Vintage Shoes



9 comments:

  1. Such a good looking group!!
    Mom is getting ready to start baking zucchini bread - a fall tradition at our house
    hugs
    Mr BAiley, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute photos,, we love the little pretty things around the dogs necks
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your cat is an absolute beauty! Those eyes are gorgeous! And you're looking fabulous too.

    I don't have a winter wardrobe, I stretch autumn appropriate things as far as I can, then whimper through the winter! I've done this for years and still haven't done anything about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit! I really adore you in Freddie's of Pinewood tops! You hair looks amazing too and so cute with the vintage barrette. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that top you are wearing is utterly gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've always liked tartan in this house. Cool blouse. Looks like you guys had a fun play date
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a charming outfit! Love (!!!) your adorable Luxulite Pocket Puppy brooch.

    Honestly, it's never too soon to start celebrating fall in my books and I keep my love of that season alive all throughout the year. That said, I really start veering into it around mid to late August, and from Sept - late November/early December, it's at the heart of most of what I'm doing and wearing (and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)).

    Big hugs & joyful start of autumn wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great day! Great that you could bring all the pups along. My dad wears plaid and flannel all year long! LOL.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...