Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday's with Fred: Let's Face The Music With The Irving Blouse From Jitterbuggin'

If you've followed this blog at all  you might know I have a bit of a thing for the incomparable Fred Astaire

 
 
He's my favorite singer, my favorite film star, and though he may be nearly thirty years in the grave my number one celebrity crush.   Basically if it involves Fred Astaire I can' resist it.   Fred Astaire introduced dozens of popular songs during his decades long career, many of them written by Irving Berlin.   



So when I first saw the aptly name Irving blouse



in Jitterbuggin's Etsy shop it was the Fred connection that caught my eye, Fred introduced many an Irving Berlin song in his films, but one good look at the lovely 1930s style blouse with a bow at the neck and the music note print and I was as smitten as when I first saw Fred and Ginger dance as a pre-teen.

 
 
I immediately ordered the blouse and like all my other Jitterbuggin' pieces its quickly become a favorite staple in my wardrobe.  This blouse looks equal good paired with jeans, skirts, or pinafores.  
 
 
It is a 1930s style blouse but I like to mix eras and my favorite way to wear it is with my 1930s style skirt from Time Machine Vintage and a red 1940s hat I got during an awesome clearance sale at Poppycock vintage.  To accessorize I added sparkly red miss l fire shoes,  some thrifted bakelite bangles and a lovely reproduction 1940s heart pin from MerriWeather.
 
 

 



 
 
 
As a rule I won't dance
 
 
but in this blouse I can at least face the music!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. What a great find! Love the puff sleeves. You look pretty in the color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse is so pretty on you. We also love your new header picture.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great outfit! The red accents are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! and the red accents really look great with it!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel the birthday girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super lovely outfit, dear Kate! I splurged back at Christmas 2012 and spent my gift money from my folks on a Jitterbuggin' jumper/pinafore dress. It's been one of the wisest fashion investments I've made and gets worn sooo often! I'm thinking I might have to start saving up my pennies for one of these fabulous blouses, as I suspect it would get every bit as much use (especially because vintage/repro blouses are an area that my wardrobe could actually use some more help in).

    Big hugs & many thanks for your touchingly sweet comment on today's recipe post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is Fred and Ginger day today. Not sure why but they are rerunning all the old movies on Saturday afternoons. You look smashing. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an original blog. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty blouse. The music notes kind of look like flowers when looking from a distance. I like the idea of mixing eras. Totally works and you look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great blouse--love all those notes!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...