Thursday, March 9, 2017

Spot's New Collar and Third Cross Stitch

Little Spot



Is not so little anymore.  In fact he grew to big for his collar.   I kept finding his grey break away collar around the house and when I went to put it back on him I realized it was a bit tight on his neck, so he was rubbing against thing's to get it off.  (Of course we only use break away collars on our cat's for safety.)  All our cat's are strictly indoor only, but Spot is the only one of the four to show any curiosity about the outside world.   He has gone out the door a few times and of course we always bring him back immediately, but I still feel he must wear a collar in case he escapes.  

15 years ago our now 16 year old cat Baby opened a screen in our Brooklyn basement apartment and was missing a week.  We papered Bay Ridge in fliers and miraculously found her but the experience has made me a maniac about preventing cat escapes.  (Interestingly it has also made Baby terrified of the outside world and she never even goes near the door.)   I never open windows, even with screen's, and I'm very careful about the door.  If a delivery person is coming the cat's get locked in a room.   I'm constantly checking on the cats, particularly, Spot, to make sure they are inside.  So the second I realized Spot's collar wasn't working I knew he needed another one.

Luckily I found a cute larger collar in the adorable etsy shop Furocious Kitty  and bonus!  It's a Star Trek collar, Spot is named after Commander Data's cat on Star Trek The Next Generation:


so this collar is perfect.   Spot and I both love this collar.  He has been wearing it three week's and hasn't tried to get it off yet.  


I love how the retro Star Trek fabric look's against his white fur and the live long and prosper tag is too cute.


I really recommend Furocious Kitty if you are in the market for a cat collar.  They have ton's of collar's with adorable charms in lot's of different themes Holidays, animals, food, etc.  I can already see myself purchasing some Holiday collars.  It's also nice that the shop caters exclusively to cats.  I think that's partly why the collar fits so well.   The collars are very reasonably prices, between $10 and $12, Spot's collar was $10 and the seller was very nice about answering my questions.  


In other news I finished my third geeky cross stitch.  This one is Fry and Leela from Futurama and I'm really happy with how it came out.   


I'm working on Twin Peak's themed cross stitch next.  

22 comments:

  1. That's such a cute collar! I love "live long and prosper tag" very much :-)
    I'm glad your found Baby after she was missing for a week. It must have been really scary experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super scary we where actually surewe'd never find her. After we finally did we brought her home and 2 days later she developed a terrible infection and high fever with seizures and was hospitalized we are very lucky she survived and at 16, knock on wood, is in great shape

      Delete
  2. Spot is such a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collar! Now you can have peace of mind (for awhile). Cross stitch is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im always checking on Spot and where he is tee hee

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful cat! He looks very smart in his new collar 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet you are the only kitty with one cool collar. It is so scary when a kitty is missing. That's stress. Glad she was found back then
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that collar it is so pretty. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Spots new collar!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spot looks very smart in his new collar. We have breakway collars too, and Ziggy keeps losing his, though I usually find it in the garden. I think his sister scrags it off of him in fights!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collar, so perfectly you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How apt that Spot's got a Star Trek collar, and isn't he the cutest? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute collar! Your cross stitch is great, I used to do that many years ago but got away from it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got quite a knack for the cross-stich! Looking forward to a Twin Peaks one. And Spot looks great in his new collar.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a perfect collar for Spot! That is so lucky that you found it! Love the new cross stitch project you made too! Looks great Kate!

    ReplyDelete

  14. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.
    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...