Monday, March 27, 2017

39 Feels Fine!

This weekend I entered the last year of my 30s.   





I admit to having some issues regarding the whole aging thing.   I  think it is mostly because I enjoy life so much I'm not to crazy about the passing of time.  I'm also not big on maturity, I may be 39 in body but I'm about 19 in my mind.  I think I get sillier and less serious with each passing year, which isn't a bad thing.

I was also lucky to have an absolutely fabulous birthday weekend.    I had a delicious breakfast at Tops Diner Saturday morning  



and then we went to the The New Brusnswick Kennel club dog show to see the Toy Group breeds.  I wore my Mischief Made me 1950s style dog tee since it seemed appropriate for the show.






The pugs and poodles where shown in the afternoon so we missed them.  Though we did see plenty of pugs in pens outside the breeder's RVs.  




  The best part was we got to see the Chihuahuas which is a breed I'm very interested in owning one day and the main reason I attend the show. The Chihuahua breeders and fanciers where lovely and let us attend their meeting, they where all members of the Central NJ Chihuahua club.  They were so kind and gave us lots of information about the breed.   

The accepted show size is  6 lbs and under and the good breeders breed to get dogs in about the 3 to 6 lb range.   So tiny, but some unscrupulous people try for much smaller, crazy!  

The main breeder we met also rescues large dogs and she recommended a dog 4 lbs or bigger for us when the time comes which I agree with.  It was wonderful to see breeders who love their breed so much and are really working to better it.  We also met the most adorable 4 month old puppy.  I was completely in love.









On Sunday we mostly stayed home with the dogs and cat's and I got my birthday present.  49 vintage Star Trek novels John found on ebay!  How awesome is that!






My favorite part was that someone named B.H. had owned some of the books and took notes and recorded ratings.  He or she gave several books 10 ++ ratings so I guess they are good.





I also found these two 1970s school pictures in one of the books, perhaps one of them is the elusive B.H.?  




I'm so pleased 39 is off to a fabulous start!



19 comments:

  1. What a PAWSOME birthday prezzie, now you just need to snuggle up with the pups and read!
    Oh and I luffs the baby puppy, soooo cute
    AND....most impawtantly..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a great weekend of celebrating! I dig your shirt - very appropriate for the dog show. And what an awesome gift for a Star Trek fan!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend. I love Chihuahua. They are so cute! :-)
    What a precious birthday gift your husband found for you. Very happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first dog (I was 3) was a Chihuahua and I have had one or a mix most of my life. They are addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like you had an absolutely fabulous time, Kate. How wonderful to have your birthday on a weekend. Make your final year in your thirties a fabulous one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Age is just a number, ignore it, and act the way you choose! The older you get, the less you worry about what other people think.

    Reading, in the sun surrounded by dogs is a great activity. Looks like you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had such a nice birthday! Seems like the perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu!! Funny, mom wants Frenchies and a Chihuahua too
    Snorts and a Woof,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! What an awesome present those books are.

    I'm with you on the ageing thing. There are things I like about getting older - so many good experiences had, feeling more stable and happy within my own skin - but the physical side of it sucks. Still, the only way to avoid it is to die, so keep on ageing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy 39th Birthday!
    John found you the perfect present - well done him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Sounds like a great celebration! (I didn't know there were Star Trek novels!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! I've got almost 20 years on you and I still feel like 19 in my mind.....the body, not so much ;-)

    You are still a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to you!! And congrats on your great find (those are super notes in the books you found).

    As I exit my 30's in a month I too am finding myself feeling much younger then my age states and that is awesome. We are only here once, lets enjoy life! Enjoy being 39 I will let you know how 40 goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday to you! Thought of you the other day as our new neighbour has a pug puppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful photos that you shared. The birthday cake looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the cute animal photos. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...